Research Analyst Internships with Power Advisory
Power Advisory offers three internship sessions per year, Spring (January – May), Summer (June – August) and Fall (September – December), corresponding to a typical academic calendar.
Interns perform and provide support for financial, statistical, technical and economic data collection and analyses, spreadsheet and database creation and management, and document preparation. They are responsible for performing research and supporting Power Advisory staff with client projects. They work with staff members to develop their research and analytical skills as well as an understanding of the North American electricity sector. It is a fast-paced, deadline driven workplace.
Location is flexible, but the Boston area is preferred. All positions are remote with bi-weekly to monthly team meetings in Boston and attendance of industry events.
Funding for these internship positions partially comes from the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center (MassCEC). Thus, prospective interns must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Attend or have attended a college or university located in Massachusetts or can provide proof of residency
- Completed at least 24 credits of coursework (i.e. one-year of a program)
- Currently attending an institution of higher education or have graduated within the last year
Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct research on relevant energy market topics, including design, regulation and financing
- Draft reports and prepare PowerPoint presentations
- Prepare portions of client communications for review
- Support business development efforts, including proposal preparation and occasional social media
- Help develop computer models and perform complex spreadsheet analyses
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience conducting research and developing documents
- Demonstrated strong oral and written communication
- Strong research, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong command of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Access
- Ability to work independently and efficiently and manage multiple priorities effectively
- Interest in energy markets and government policy
- Pursuing or possess a four-year degree in business, economics, engineering, or other analytical discipline (required)
Power Advisory wants to attract, train and develop qualified staff. As a small and growing firm, Power Advisory offers significant growth opportunities. The fast-paced work environment and close working relationship with senior staff provides significant opportunity for professional growth. There is opportunity for extension of the internship by Power Advisory.
Interns with Power Advisory have accepted full time positions at Power Advisory, Green Century Capital Management and Opinion Dynamics.
How to Apply
This position is compensated hourly at a rate dependent on experience. Interested candidates are asked to review the rest of Power Advisory’s website to make themselves familiar with the organization. To apply, please send a resume (in PDF format) and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Application for [Session (ex. Summer) Year (ex. 2017)] Intern Position”. Please note that only applicants selected for an interview may be contacted. We thank all applicants for their interest in Power Advisory.