Have you submitted an Application for Qualification for a generation project in the ongoing NYSERDA Renewable Energy Standard RFP (RESRFP19-1) or are otherwise looking to advance your renewable project development efforts in New York?
Power Advisory offers a full suite of New York market forecasts and strategy consulting services to support these development efforts. Our services include the essentials to forecast project revenues, understand the major risks and opportunities associated with participating in the New York markets and submitting competitive proposals. Power Advisory’s New York market offerings include:
– Electricity Price Forecast (considering zonal and technology weighted NYISO energy revenues)
– Capacity Price Forecast (focused on the NYISO spot auctions and locational differences)
– NYSERDA Tier 1 REC Forecast (by contract year for the anticipated schedule of RES RFPs)
– Carbon Pricing Proposal Analysis (considering the implementation of carbon pricing in the NYISO energy markets)
– Policy & Market Backgrounders (covering the key policies and market structures that shape NY generation development)
– Proposal Drafting/Strategy (direct support of bid preparation and strategies to maximize your chances for contract award)
– Registration/Participation Support (for NYGATS and the NYISO administered markets)
We supported successful proponents in the last NYSERDA solicitation, RESRFP18-1, resulting in executed long-term fixed price REC contracts for our clients. 19 projects totaling 1,364 MW of solar, wind and energy storage were contracted in the 2018 solicitation. The weighted average REC price was $18.52. Since then, New York has upped its renewable and clean energy commitments with targets of 70% renewables by 2030 and 100% carbon-free electricity by 2040 and there have been other significant market changes.
Power Advisory specializes in electricity market analysis and strategy, power procurement, policy development, regulatory and litigation support, market design and project feasibility assessment. Our team has completed work in each of the North American electricity markets including numerous consulting projects in New York State. Power Advisory’s understanding of wholesale electricity markets, energy policy, resource procurement and renewable technologies makes us well qualified to support your generation development efforts.